Tuesday, September 14, 2010

jelly roll and layer cakes

Now that I'm back at my sewing machine, here's a little peek at what I've been working on. 
 I'm doing my first jelly roll quilt with Park Avenue by 3 Sisters.  This is actually also my first Christmas gift and it will be for my mother in law. When I saw this line, I knew it was perfect. It matches all the colors she has going on in her family room so I'm making her a little lap quilt for the couch.
 
I mentioned that I was pinning last week and this was what I was working on. The circle around quilt by Julie. I'm doing mine in Fandango by Kate Spain. And I got totally lazy and bought layer cakes for the white background as well as the patterns. I'm making mine a little smaller so I'll get 2 lap quilts out of it and I can really mix up the prints. It's a fun and quick pattern I'm enjoying putting together.

I also had a bit of a scare and thought I was going to have to take my machine in for service. After not using it for a week it was squeaking like a hamster wheel in the middle of the night. I cleaned it, changed needles and nothing was working. Then I realized it was my walking foot (using it for the circles). Did you know you can/should oil it? It's not in the owners manual, but it's all over the web. Dropped a little sewing machine oil in it and she's quiet as can be again!  Glad I don't have to part wiht my machine.

2 comments:

Bumpkin Hill said...

I just came across your blog and love it here :) Quilting is one thing I have yet to try but must give it a go when I can find a spare moment! Catherine x

Christine said...

Oh beautiful!! I can't wait to see the projects take shape :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...