Sunday, September 12, 2010

I survived a week without sewing

Okay, maybe it wasn't a full week, but it was 5 days. Monday through Friday.  I decided to take a self imposed break from quilting because I was becoming fixated on when I could find time to do it. Plus I had a large stack of photos that really needed my attention.

It wound up being a very productive week. I got a dozen scrapbook pages done, 3 cards and put away a lot of photos in albums.

I won't lie though. I did do some quilt planning. And some pinning in the evenings while hubby flipped channels. I also did some sewing on my scrapbook pages.





Here's a close up so you can see what I'm talking about.


I tried to keep most of my pages super simple.
And I made sure to use up lots of scraps and did absolutely no new shopping.   I tried to use my Silhouette a little more since it's been abandoned for quilting. I think I managed to use it on every layout. I also used the sketch pens a little. This one was fun. I made the little journaling block with the pens (this is the 2nd page of a 2 pager).

It was fun to work with paper again and definitely a relief to organize most of my photos. But I've already hopped on the sewing machine. In honor of taking the process pledge I'll blog about what's in progress tomorrow!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...