Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Apron Strings Finished

I decided to spend the end of 2015 trying to tackle a few of the WIPs that have been sitting around my sewing room for a while. I've been avoiding the actual quilting of my quilts as it's the least favorite part of the process for me (unless I can use a longarm - then I love it!). I've decided to embrace the quilting in 2016 and try and advance my skills in that area. 


The first finish as a result of this is my Apron Strings quilt. I blogged about the top finish and my issues with it in 2013 and it's been sitting around since then. After a break from it, I decided to keep the quilting simple.

You can't see it well in the above photos, but the quilting is straight line to mimic the lines in the quilting. 


The backing is the leftover strings, yardage and my label all pieced together.


Binding was a fun print I had on hand that matched the blue perfectly.


I did have a couple of seams pop when I was doing the quilting. I remembered that when I made this quilt, some of the squares did not come out perfectly square and I must have tried to stretch the piecing.  I wound up stitching over those seams on the top of the quilt. As a result, this quilt was donated to the local women's shelter. Hopefully, despite my frustrations with it, it will provide someone with comfort and warmth!

Quilt stats
Quilt name and pattern: Apron Strings
Fabrics: Chloe's closet - Moda
Finished size: 48"x 48"
Finished: December 2015


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...