Thursday, September 23, 2010

Finished just in time

Just last night I finished binding my wedding present for Saturday.


It's my circle quilt from Julie's pattern.  I changed mine to make two small quilts. I love this quilt! I wouldn't be able to give this one up if I wasn't making two.


The fabrics are Fandango by Kate Spain. I did the quilting myself. I was initially going to leave the quilting as just the big "X's" but my batting required quilting every 2-4 inches so I did the straight lines along the seams too.

I puffy heart the back too! I think that was my favorite print from the line. I love using a big crazy print on the back. 
I hand wrote my label instead of using one of my printed labels because I wanted to use a quote about marriage. It says, "Marriage joins two people in the circle of it's love".  Then it has the couples names and wedding dates.

I hope they like it or I'll have to steal it back!!

3 comments:

angela said...

This quilt is simply gorgeous! I’m sure that the young couple will be very pleased… and those fabrics… absolutely beautiful.
Greetings from Poland
http://zaczarowana-kraina-angelii.blogspot.com/

elizabeth said...

It's lovely! I have a layer cake of Fandango and have been contemplating what to do with it...

Angie said...

Wow -- awesome! After seeing you work on the binding at the quilt guild, I am so excited to see you pictures online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...