Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A challenge project

I finished my quilt for the Project Pure Challenge for the Philly Modern Quilt Guild. This is the first challenge I've done and I can't wait to see what everyone else has come up with.

Our challenge was to use 1 charm pack of Pure from Moda and then 1/2 a yard of something else. That's it!  I've never done a disappearing 9 patch so I thought I'd give that a try. Here are my results.

I love this line and it think it would make the cutest baby boy quilt.  Here's a snap of my backing. I wanted to use up the extra squares I had left so I incorporate them there along with my label.

The other thing I did which I've never tried was to do a completely machine sewn binding.

I'm pretty happy with how it came out and especially with how fast it went on!! Next time, I'll take photos and post a how to.


SplendidlyImperfect said...

I love the fabrics on this one! I used the tips you gave me to do the binding on my table runners with the machine and they didn't come out too bad. I suck at sewing in a straight line though! LOL!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

it looks great!! ...i better get started on mine!

Eleanor Levie said...

Awesome! Clean, crisp, and ...well, Pure simplicity.

Christine said...

Oh I love it with the green!!! Great job! :) ~Christine


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...