Monday, March 28, 2011

Toddler-proof Towels!

Ever since I saw this tutorial for the Stay Put Towel at Pin.Sew.Press I've been wanting to make it. If you have toddlers or maybe even just a husband you know why. I probably re-hang my kitchen towels a dozen times a day. Not because I'm OCD, but because my 2 year old pulls them off and can't put them back on (she tries though, poor thing). This is a genius solution to that problem and these towels come together super quick! Just the project I needed after finishing a few big projects.
The first one I did was a green one. Doesn't it look fantastic with my SUTK towel?
Then I had to put one together with my orange cucumber fabric.
One thing I would recommend is to pull your gathers tightly. I might pull a few stitches on the ribbon to be able to gather these more. They are pretty wide. But, I highly recommend this tutorial. I will definitely be making more of these!

I'm linking to Sew Modern Monday. Go see what everyone else is up to!
{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

8 comments:

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Awesome idea! Thanks for reminding me about this tute, I need to bookmark it. Yours look adorable :)

Linz said...

Oh, yeah. I'm totally making those. :) Yours look awesome!

CityHouseStudio said...

What a great project!
Your towels are so cute!

whittle stitch said...

Very fun! Thanks for the idea!

Susanne said...

Your towels make the towel I made look a little homeless hahaha.

You might have to actually spice that towel up a bit, so it doesn't feel so sorry for it's self ; )

I'm adding this to my list of "to dos!"

Kristen said...

Nice towels! Fresh and happy looking colors!

Leila said...

I love those. The bathroom hand towel is NEVER hung up and it drives me CRAZY. I might have to make me some of these. Thanks!

Megan said...

These are great! I love fruit fabrics you used. :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...