Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WIP {17}

I finally have the Monochromatic Quilt finished and entered in the The Modern Quilt Guild Challenge. Feels good to be able to move on.

Everyone has been talking about using comic book backers to organize their fabrics and I'm hopping on the bandwagon. But - I'm doing it as I go since I don't have a dedicated space for them, I'm just folding them up nicely as I use them or sometimes while Samantha watches early morning tv.
 I've gotten two of the 5 curtains done with this fabric. But I'm putting the project aside for the moment. 
My sister is having a baby and the shower has been pushed forward to the beginning of April. That means the baby quilt is on a rush!  She's totally into Anchors and Nautical stuff so I think we'll be digging into the Neptune stash for this one. And she's having a girls so Coral it is!
I also have my boy fabrics pulled for all my friends having boys. Will put together a few burp cloths for them too.
Somehow this project may have jumped into my in-bin. Probably during a curtain fabric purchase. hmmm... Either way, I'm excited to make this bag!
One of my quilty resolutions was to make stuff from the books that I have. So I've selected a little shirt from this book to make for my daughter. A little hushabye fabric and I think it will be super sweet.
And finally - sorry for the bad photo - I pulled a large stack of fabrics for the March do. Good Stitches blocks.  Turns out that this months host Carol is a fellow member of PMQG so I hope to have these ready to deliver to her in person at next weeks meeting.

Waiting for attention:
Curtains - Great room, Bedroom, Kitchen, Dining room (sigh - I really hate curtains already)
Samantha's Quilt
Postage Stamp quilt - backing, quilting

That makes my total for this week: 9 WIPs

Head on over to Freshly Pieced to see what everyone else is up to this week!

12 comments:

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

Oh I love your fabric choices, they're gorgeous!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Your fabric organization is coming together really well so far! And 2 of 5 curtains is definitely some great progress, yay :)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

great fabric choices...and getting all organized too....nice work

Kristie said...

All that yummy fabric is making me drool!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Lots of fun fabrics there! That bag pattern looks awesome. Where is everyone getting the comic book boards? I looked at Hobby Lobby and found nada.

Lee said...

I'm crazy jealous of your Neptune stash! I love that line so much! Can't wait to see what you do with it. Lots of other fun stuff here too.

Amy, I got my comic book boards on Amazon (I have a prime membership, so I get free 2-day shipping). If you want to buy them locally, I think you have to go to an actual comic book store.

Melanie said...

I love all of your fabric choices, but I am really eager to see the bag made with the Laura Gunn fabric! Beautiful!

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

There are some great projects in the works!!!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I totally bought that brown argyle fabric in the fourth photo. Now that I look at it, I bought the little car one too but in a different color palette!

Jenniffier said...

Great choices for all the babies. Looks like you got a lot of work ahead of you. I wish you the best :)

Megan said...

Yay, I just started organizing my fabric too. It is kind of addicting once you get started :)

felicity said...

What a lot of beautiful projects you have on the go! I do love the hushabye. So sweet.

Happy WIP Wednesday (a touch late).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...