Monday, March 14, 2011

A little shirt

I had posted this WIP on Wednesday for the first time. One of my goals this year was to actually make stuff from the books that I have. Since the weather is starting to warm, I'm definitely thinking about clothing for my little munchkin.
I needed a break from all the tiny pieces of the baby quilt I'm doing so I thought I'd get this shirt together. Let me tell you - by the end of one of these shirts you'll be an expert on ruffles!
Unfortunately, my daughter isn't so much into dress up or trying on clothing so I haven't gotten this on her yet. I asked her if she wanted to try it on and she said, "never".  Nice. I will try and get a photo soon!
As far as the book "Little Girls, Big Style",  I'd give it high marks. You do need a little bit of clothing sewing experience I'd say. There aren't a lot of photos of what you should be doing. BUT, her section on how to do ruffles is very detailed. As it should be since I think every pattern in there has ruffles!  This went together differently than any other pattern I've done, but I liked it and it was quick and easy.

3 comments:

Lee said...

That's SO cute! I really want to sew some summer clothes for my girls this year.

Jacey said...

It's so cute! Your daughter's response is pretty adorable, too. :)

Mary Abreu said...

What a pretty top! I hope your daughter relents soon and wears it (but I know how that goes, too LOL). Thanks so much for buying my book and the kind words -- totally makes my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...