Thursday, March 17, 2011

Monochromatic quilt finished and entered

We had our Philly Modern Quilt Guild meeting on Tuesday night and everyone showed off their monochromatic quilts. They will be posted here soon.


I posted this photo a while back as my collection of fabrics to be used for the Monochromatic Quilt Challenge. Looking at this picture now, I must say this has got to be the most over-thought quilt I've ever done! I had an original plan, scrapped it and went bigger. I changed color ideas a billion times in my mind. I went from solids to prints and back to solids. The one constant was that I knew I wanted to work with half square triangles. So where did it end up?

Here's my final quilt for the Monochromatic Quilt Challenge. I've been calling it The Windmill because it's essentially a giant pinwheel. The thing I had the hardest time determining (which is so silly) was which way does this pinwheel spin. {i think i may have gotten it wrong but we'll overlook that}


Close up of the quilting. I couldn't decide on a blue for the quilting so I did a variegated Caribbean blue thread and did within the triangles.

The back is totally random pieces of scraps. I don't think I have any scraps left over from this one!

Of course my label!

I'd love to know what you think of it!

12 comments:

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Awesome! This looks amazing, Becky!!! I love the shades of blue you used :)

Kati said...

I love this design. It's so simple, yet fun. I have my box of HST I'm working on for a quilt. I might have to try this design. I haven't decided on a layout yet.

Tiffany said...

Love the quilt! Really beautiful, with all the blues and the white.

Susanne said...

This is BEAUTIFUL, Becky!!! The darker squares in the middle moving definitely gives it a feel of movement!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Really Really Really cool! Beautiful colors too!

beth said...

great quilt! Love the color moving from light to dark!

Lee said...

Gorgeous! I love it!

Jenny said...

That's is very fun to look at!

Amy said...

Love the quilt. so simple yet stunning.

Live a Colorful Life said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the colors and the design!

Kelly said...

This layout is fantastic! I love this quilt and I've pinned it to my "Quilty Goodness" board on Pinterest (with proper credit, of course!). Feel free to follow me if you'd like: http://pinterest.com/lipglass/quilty-goodness/

Christine S said...

For me, this was instantly one of those quilts that makes you say...OMG! I love it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...