Wednesday, March 30, 2011

WIP Wednesday {20}

Another Wednesday - man did the week fly! Here's what I've been keeping busy with.

Finished projects: 
Nautical Baby quilt (will post later)
MMM project (need to take photos)
Samantha's Quilt (needs a name!). I decided a full size quilt was too much for me to handle. And I wanted something special quilted on it so I shipped it off to the quilter Monday. (yay!)
I joined the Sew Along at Sew Sweetness but have yet to receive my fabric so I don't really have any photos yet.
I've spent a lot of time cutting fabrics for the Supernova quilt along.   I ordered 1 or 2 fabrics when I got my sew along fabric so I'm waiting for those to arrive. But this is what I have so far minus the background fabric that I haven't photographed.
I used my fabric interfacing from Silhouette to start some more baby onesies for my sister. I'll post more about this experience later too. But this is where I'm at so far. Anyone have some cute ideas for what I can put on more onesies? I have 3 more to do something with. I'm thinking flip flops (they live in FL) but I could use more ideas.
And I started piecing the backing for my postage stamp quilt finally! I may baste this one and save it for quilting at the PMQG sewing day.
I also did a small fabric trial for my paper piecing pillow.  This is one of 4 pieces that will go together to make the 13 inch block. I'm thinking these fabrics are too dark. I'm really in a spring mood and I think I want something lighter. I have to think about it for a while.
Waiting for attention:
do.Good Stitches April blocks
Curtains that I'm avoiding
boy burp cloths
Amy Butler bag


Total WIP's: 12
Head over to Freshly Pieced to see what everyone else is up to this week.

17 comments:

Karen said...

I love your postage stamp quilt! I'm using the same fabrics for Lily's Quilt Along Dresden block :o)

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Swoon, I love that Central Park postage stamp top!! I just love it! The onesies look adorable, too :) As for other ideas - you could do animals (like zoo animals, or a cute little kitten) or a princess crown or a cute bird (think Birdie Stitches!), or what about a butterfly? I've done a lot of appliqued onesies, so if you need some artwork, let me know!

CityHouseStudio said...

Your postage stamp quilt is beautiful, I just LOVE those fabrics.
It will be fun to see more of your paper pieced blocks - I'm planning on doing that pattern, too, but keep changing my mind on fabric choices!
Michelle

Linz said...

Oh, my goodness! ALL of your projects look amazing! I can't wait to see Samantha's quilt all finished! And that postage stamp quilt is to die for! I love the colors!! Your Supernova cut outs look great! I am so excited to start sewing that!!! The onsies are so cute too!!!

Debbie said...

Wow - love your projects! Central Park is lovely - the onesies are darling - your Supernova fabrics are fantastic! Amazing.

Bree said...

I'm doing the dress sew along as well, can't wait to see what fabric you've picked out.

I love those plum flowers for your Supernova quilt, I'm excited to see how yours turns out.

I really like the rows in your postage stamp quilt, I must have missed seeing the whole thing. It looks great!

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

Wow, you have so many lovely projects on the go. I love the postage stamp quilt, the fabrics are gorgeous! And the onesies are too cute!

Debbie J said...

Love those onsies and that postage stamp quilt! And everything else too!

Jessica Kelly said...

Wow!! You have some great WIPs! I am loving the central park displayed that way in your postage stamp quilt. I've picked mine back up, and am anxious to get the top pieced together. Great WIPs!

Dee said...

I love the ladybug! It's so sweet! Can't wait to see the Supernova quilt as it gets sewn up!

Jacey said...

You've got a lot going on right now! The postage stamp quilt is lovely so far, and I'm sure Samantha's quilt will be amazing when you share it with us soon!

Live a Colorful Life said...

You've got a lot going on. Love the postage stamp quilt. Central Park is one of my current faves!

Melinda said...

Love your postage stamp quilt! And I really like your idea of putting your cut pieces into numbered baggies. I'll have to remember that one!

Diane said...

Your onesies are so cute! Love that postage stamp quilt! Beautiful.

Susanne said...

I too LOVE your postage stamp quilt!!!! It's gorgeous!! The onesies are SOO cute too!!!

Leanne said...

Everything you have on the go looks like great fun!

Lee said...

Oh, the postage stamp quilt. LOVE! And those onesies are too cute. (How the heck do you spell onesies?) : )

Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday, have a wonderful week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...