Monday, March 7, 2011

Embellished burpcloths

I've got lots of friends having babies soon. Two friends having boys, one is having a surprise. And I just found out that my sister is having a baby girl - yay!! {Kristin - if you are reading this you can stop now!}  So I've switched gears and started on the baby sewing. So fun to do some quick little projects.
I loved these burp cloths when I had my daughter so I always give these to new moms.
They are the cloth diapers that you can get at Babies-R-Us or Target and you just add on some pretty fabrics. They are so much bigger and more absorbent than regular burp cloths. I rarely ever used my other burp cloths!

I don't usually pre-wash fabrics for quilting, but it's good to prewash for these because they will warp and be all lumpy if you put them together before washing.

I haven't pulled out my boy fabrics yet. But the first two mommies I will be gifting too are my sister and the friend who is going to be surprised. They both love Hello Kitty. ;)

And my sister is into all things nautical.

I was going to do a tutorial, but there are about a million out there if you search diaper burp cloth. I believe I originally learned how to do this here.



I'm linking up to Sew Modern Monday over at Canoe Ridge Creations. Go see what everyone is up to!

5 comments:

Elizabeth Dackson said...

I love, love, love those argyles! So cute :)

Jessica Kelly said...

Those are great! I have made a few of those too as baby gifts and the mamas agree that they are the best burp cloths they have!

Megan said...

Too stinking cute! Especially those whales. :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday!

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Ummm...I was trying to pick my favorite so I could let you know which I liked best, but after looking at them all, I don't think I can! SO wonderful, and what a great gift for a new mom!

KD-Quilts said...

Love these! They not only are super functional, but look so cute too! A friend made me some when I had my little one and I've been wanting to make more for quite some time now. Somehow it just never gets done!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...