Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WIP Wednesday {23}

Well, thanks to a super generous friend at PMQG, I'm back in business.  She's loaned me her back up machine so I can keep on sewing! Actually a couple of generous members offered to loan me one. I can not say enough about the wonderful people in this guild! Thanks guys!



So here's what I've been up to this week.

Finished this week:
PMQG pillow swap: on the way home from the meeting last  night I realized I never took a photo of my pillow! That's a first for me. Hopefully Andrew has one from the meeting and posts it to the guild site.
My postage stamp quilt!! And if it ever stops raining here I'll post some full photos of it. I'm seriously in love with this quilt.

In progress: lots of fabric pulling
King Size Birdbath: I received my solids and the one print I was missing from Marmalade fabrics to go with the Aviary 2 for this quilt for my mother. I'm going to make her some sample blocks in Bone (thanks for the suggestion!) and White to let her make that decision.

I've been pulling fabrics for my 3x6 Bee blocks which lead to some fabric organization. And not really a surprise to me, I've got a lot of purple and blue!
I pulled everyone's fabric for 3x6  and then changed my mind on my block again! This one is it, no more flip flopping.
Supernova: I got the blocks together before taking my machine in. Now i just need to border it and i'll be back on schedule.
Pretty {Little} pouch swap: I've decided on some Modern Meadow for this pouch. I do want to make a mockup first in some cheapy fabric first though.

Pending my attention:
PMQG Charm Pack Challenge
Boy burp cloths
Amy Butler Bag
curtains

Total in progress this week - 8

And last week I mentioned I was thinking about getting EQ7 for mother's day. I've gotten lots of great info on that, thanks everyone! Does anyone know anything about the Quilt Pro software? That one is Mac compatible and will be easier for me to run. Just curious if you like it, etc!

Head on over to Freshly Pieced to see what everyone else is up to this week.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

25 comments:

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Awesome, what a great group of gals in your guild!! How are you liking your loaner so far? I sure hope your machine gets back to you ASAP. I love how your Supernova looks so far, the rainbow effect is really stunning :)

CityHouseStudio said...

Love your supernova, it's beautiful!

amy said...

Gorgeous Supernova, love it!

Linz said...

Supernova looks amazing!! And I love all of those fabric pictures! Lovely!

I am so glad you were able to borrow a machine!! What an awesome group!

Abby said...

I love your supernova quilt! I flip-flop a lot when choosing colors, too.

Debbie said...

Love your Supernova!

Jessica Kelly said...

Everything looks great! I love that Aviary 2 fabric, I'm thinking of breaking down and buying a fat quarter bundle for an upcomming quilt! Amen to fabric reorganization...I keep swearing I'm going to get to that, those stacks look just delicious!

Jacey said...

It's so nice to have some sewing friends who will loan you a machine. Nice! The Supernova looks really lovely so far, and yeah, everytime I see a stack of Aviary 2, all I think is "want!".

Mitzi said...

Your Supernova looks great!

Katie B said...

Excellent projects! Your Supernova is a stunner.

Live a Colorful Life said...

You Supernova is simply super! I'm really tempted by Aviary 2 in the yellow and grey combo too!

felicity said...

Nice progres - love how the Supernova is coming together. And I am jelly of your purple stash. It's a colour that's decidedly lacking in mine...

Rebecca said...

Beautiful Supernova!!!

Bree said...

I'm so jealous of those stacks of fabric! Your Supernova is great, I really like the black/grey block in the middle.

Susanne said...

What nice girls in your guild!!!! I'm glad you're back in business!!! :D

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

The supernova is looking so great, love it! And your fabric stash is making me jealous! Hope your machine is better soon :-)

Lee said...

I'm super excited about your Birdbath quilt because that pattern is really high on my to-do list! I love it! And of course, your Supernova is incredible. Can't wait to see it with the border. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Unknown said...

The Supernova is gorgeous and I love the Modern Meadow you pulled!

Leanne said...

I love your supernova! And you have great friends!

Greta said...

Great progress. I can't wait to see your postage stamp quilt. I love mine and cuddle under it all the time. Can you tell me what some of the purples you have are? I'm getting ready to make some string blocks in rainbow and when I pulled fabrics tonight I realized I have no purple fabric. Just a few strips from a swap I did a while back.

Anna said...

I love the Supernova - and I'm so glad that you have a machine to use! Any word on yours? Can you reply to this to see if I fixed the "no-reply blogger"? :-) (I followed the instructions you sent!)

Unknown said...

Love all the yummy fabrics here! They're so happy and cheerful. The Supernova quilt is fantabulous!

Kudos on having such great friends who will help out in a pinch!

Denise in PA said...

I seriously have fabric envy!!!

Jennifer said...

i don't know much about quilt pro, but i do run EQ7 on a mac using virtual machine. it is much easier than you'd think it is, if you can manage to get the virtual machine thing going on your computer (i had a friend do it for me).

EQ7 seems complicated at first, but it's very easy to use once you start experimenting. plus there are several getting started tutorials available and "lessons" that you can do as well.

Anonymous said...

i know this is a terribly old post, but did you get any good feedback on quilt-pro (or end up buying it)? I'm in the market.

THANKS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...