Thursday, April 21, 2011

Central Park Postage Stamp Quilt Finished!

It's finally done! My postage stamp quilt from PS I Quilt's quilt along (that's really a mouthful!). This was such a great quilt along. I highly recommend it for anyone! Especially if you have a jelly roll that you don't know what to do with. I mean really - look at this....
And some more.
I've been calling this my liberation quilt. I was a pinner before I did this quilt along. When Rachel mentioned that she doesn't ever pin I finally let go and just matched the seams as I went along. And it turned out beautifully. Now I don't really do much pinning.
I finished all the quilting at the PMQG sewing day last Saturday.  I just did straight diagonal lines through the white blocks.
I decided on a solid back (except for my label of course).
I'm so happy with how it turned out. Thank you Rachel for a great quilt along!! This one is all mine. It's living on my couch now.

Quilt Stats:

Quilt Name: Central Park Postage Stamp (original huh?)
Pattern: Quilt a long by PS I Quilt
Fabrics: Central Park and Kona White Jelly rolls
Finished size: 61"x81"
Finished: 4/19/11

27 comments:

felicity said...

OMG. I love it. I love the colour blocks especially. May have to check out that tute! Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilt - so happy you get to keep it for yourself.

Kati said...

So pretty!!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Wow, that looks so amazing! Great job!!! What a gorgeous, gorgeous quilt. How are you liking your loaner machine?

Leila said...

I love it. I really like the floral back. I keep looking at that fabric at my LQS and trying to find a project for it. Great job!

One of my favorite quilts is a blue and white postage stamp quilt. It is such a nice design.

Susanne said...

It's gorgeous!!! And HUGE!!!! I'm not a pinner either. Although, some times I feel like I should be!! : )

Anonymous said...

It really turned out beautiful and the pictures done do it justice! So glad I got to see it in person.

Susanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelley said...

Absolutely love it!!! So perfect for springtime. :)

Andrew J said...

So awesome! Central Park was an excellent choice for this quilt!!

Linz said...

That is absolutely beautiful!! I love it!!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

becky it looks great!! i can't believe you got it quilted so fast on saturday! :-)

Anna said...

It is gorgeous! It is so cheery and perfect.

Jessica Kelly said...

Oh my goodness, I love everything about this!! Absolutely fabulous!

Tiffany @ Another Pie In The Sky said...

absolutely b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l!!! just stunning!

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

Becky it is just absolutely and utterly FABULOUS!!! I love love love it! Love how you moved the colours through it and the quilting is great. Enjoy it now :-)

Lauren The Artist said...

I love the color gradation! That is beautiful!!!

KD-Quilts said...

I love it. And that quilting looks fabulous!

Kate D. Spain said...

Hi Becky!

A little (jay)birdie shared your quilt with me, and i just wanted to pop over to let you know how much i absolutely love it!! You did such a wonderful job. What's really fun for me to see is how you organized the color range in much the same way i did when i designed the collection! When the strike-offs come in from the mill, i'll lay them all out and see how the colors can move from one to the next...and your quilt captures that motion so beautifully! Love love the quilting on it too. Great work!

big hug to you,
kate

Bree said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!! Makes me want to go home & work on mine right now, too bad I'm stuck at work. :(

Jenny said...

Oh My! Beautiful!

Lindsay said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I've been wanting to try out a postage stamp quilt and your's is definitely inspiring!

Beth said...

Love it!!

CityHouseStudio said...

It's beautiful, Becky!
What a TON of work, you must be so happy it's done!

Carol said...

Wow -- what a gorgeous quilt.

Jacey said...

Yay! I see it's already getting a ton of love on flickr, and rightfully so! It's a beautiful finish, Becky!

Unknown said...

Wow! It's gorgeous! I am in love with the Central Park line and this quilt showcases it beautifully!

Unknown said...

Wow, I love this quilt! I am in awe of your layout; I wish I could figure out how you planned that but my brain just isnt working today

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...