Thursday, April 28, 2011

Another trip to the post office

I think they are getting to know me there. The woman who works there has finally stopped being totally nasty to me! So what goodies were going to the post office?
First off, the samples for my mother of the birdbath blocks. What do you think - bone or white?? I'm going to be interested to see what she says. And because I have a brag a little, my two year old saw these on the wall and said, "mommy made octagons!".  Why yes I did little one.  The truth: I think she learned that watching Umizoomi.
The second thing I was delivering was my Pretty {little} Pouch Swap. I really struggled with this swap and I'm hoping I did my partner proud. I usually have that burst of inspiration. You know - as Oprah calls it - the aha moment. That one never came this time. I'm not sure if it's because we were working on such a small size or what.  So I tried to come up with something that would best suit what I think my partners tastes are. She's been super busy at the moment and so pretty quiet on the flickr boards.  Hopefully I got her tastes right!
Of course I couldn't stop with just one. That little guy needed a friend!
Hope you like them partner!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pouches are adorable. Great job!

Jacey said...

Ooh, I don't know. Both are awesome, and I know I'm one of the people who suggested bone, but the white really pops. It's tough, but I don't think you and your mom can make a wrong desicion.

The pouches are beautiful! Time is running out, and I've got to get finished with mine soon!

~Carla~ said...

I really prefer the bone over the white... The white looks harsh to me. But keep in mind I know absolutely NOTHING about quilting... lol! Your little pouches are adorable!! I love the Joel Dewberry fabric... I have a little bit that I'm afraid to cut into in case I mess it up! *blush*

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

I can't choose the bone or White, they are both great!! I thinks it's really down to personal taste. Your purses are adorable, lucky partner :-)

Linz said...

Those pouches are darling!! She'll love them!

Kate S. said...

Love the modern meadow pouches, that is one of my favorite lines... and I think I prefer the white to the bone, it brightens it up! But they both look good :)

felicity said...

Bone matches the dark fabric but I like the zing of the white. GREAT pouches!!

Lee said...

Those are pretty little pouches! Tough choice on the birdbath blocks - I kind of like them both! Wishy washy, I know. : )

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I love those pouches, and the fabric is BEAUTIFUL!

My brain says that the bone matches the fabric better, but when I look at them and go with my gut, my gut (which is substantial, by the way) says that the white looks better because the bone looks kind of dingy.

Mom said...

Bone definitely! White is just too impractical in my opinion, and as another said, it does match the fabrics nicely.

Susanne said...

I like the white!! : )

Unknown said...

Becky,
Thank you so much for my pouches!! I LOVE them!!! Sorry I've been so quiet April was the busiest month ever!! You're awesome!!

Bobbie said...

I like the white better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...