Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Make Mine Modern Sent

Now that my partner Kaelin of The Plaid Scottie has received the package I made for her, I'll share it with you all.
You all have seen the pincushion/organizer before. She asked for any pincushion to be super heavy. I  weighed this one down with some small decorator rocks. I have some leftover and definitely plan on making one for myself that way. It was nice and sturdy.
She mentioned loving the Cameo's from Parisville so I made this up for her.
The flower is made out of synthetic silk fabrics and I found a cute faux diamond to put in the center.

I sent her some FQ's of Parisville to round out the theme and also a copy of I Love Patchwork as an extra.
The mystery item was a remote control organizer. I figured this would give it away to her because she mentioned that her and her husband are huge movie buffs and always lose their remotes! I designed this one to drape over the side. The long end tucks under the seat cushion to hold it in. In hindsight I wish I had taken photos for a tutorial. But maybe I'll just have to make another one!
Hoping my partner is happy with everything! Now I must stalk my mailbox some more....

11 comments:

Don't blink or you'll miss it said...

Wow... you made some gorgeous things there. I'm jealous (wish I was the recipient). I'll definitely have to try and make one of those T.V. remote holders! Love all the fabrics you use!

Susanne said...

I love that TV remote holder!!! We SO need one of those!!!

Jacey said...

I think you made her really happy with your swap offerings! The cameo hoop is really neat, and it's nice that you made her a great extra item she'll really use!

Clumsy Chord said...

Love the cameo hoop - I kind of want to steal that idea.

Megan said...

Seriously great job Becky! I want one of those hoops. :)

Unknown said...

Wow, what an amazing swap package! The remote holder is so clever, and I just love it in Ruby Star Rising!

**nicke... said...

I am in love with that stitched cameo! it is soo beautiful! I think you are probably the best possible swap partner there ever was! I bet she is very happy with all you made for her!

Allison @ little lovelies said...

That embroidered hoop is seriously awesome! Good job!

Monica_C said...

Please make another one! I love the remote holder!

Lindsay said...

That Cameo Hoop is over-the-top fabulous. You've done miss Marie Antoinette, and Tula Pink, proud!

Unknown said...

Please do a tutorial

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...