Friday, April 1, 2011

A nautical baby quilt

My sister's nautical baby quilt is finished! This pattern is the Ships Ahoy pattern from the Summer Quilts and More (eta: pattern link here). I was flipping through the magazine in the summer with my sister next to me. She told me she wanted this quilt for herself. So I saved the pattern and now that she's expecting, it was a no-brainer.
(btw - i think my new neighbors might think I'm crazy. We are in our new house and I took this quilt all over the back yard trying to find the right spot. I was probably out there for a half hour moving this thing around)
And I figured it was time to cut into my beloved Neptune stash. It was perfect for this quilt. I went with the corals because she's due to have a girl. Sadly I couldn't find matching minky for the back so I went with blue.
I mean - look at that ocean that the boat is on! Is that so fun? A submarine and underwater life. That just made me so happy.
Here's some more of the quilting details on the front. The anchors are in those lifesaver squares. I haven't washed it yet, but I'm sure they'll pop more once I do that.
You can see all the quilting in the back. I love the back as much as the front! (I pulled the color out so you could see it better in this photo)
Quilt stats:

Quilt name: Nautical Baby
Fabrics: Tula Pink's Neptune and Kona Snow
Finished size: 46"x57
Finished: 3/22/11


monogram
Fresh Sewing Day @ Lily's Quilts

9 comments:

Linz said...

Oh, Becky!! That is absolutely beautiful!!! I LOVE the Neptune fabric! Everything looks awesome!!

(And my neighbors no doubt think I'm crazy with the photo shoots I give my quilts. haha!)

Jacey said...

It's so lovely, Becky. There are so many lovely details and it's awesome that your sister helped pick out the pattern. It will make her love it even more. I think you saved this special fabric for just the right project.

Leila said...

How beautiful. Perfect fabrics! I love the submarine. And the quilting is superb. Great details.

Megan said...

this is so pretty. I just love the colors and the quilting is beyond words!

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow, everything is just working so well here... the prints, the quilting. What an awesome gift. Lucky sister!

Angela said...

That is adorable! What a great sister you are....and what a lucky baby!

Anonymous said...

GOrgeous!!! Did you find this quilt difficult? I am a new quilter, and my friend is expecting a boy and doing a nautical theme....I like this one, though I could NEVER create those quilted anchors!

Anonymous said...

GOrgeous!!! Did you find this quilt difficult? I am a new quilter, and my friend is expecting a boy and doing a nautical theme....I like this one, though I could NEVER create those quilted anchors!

Unknown said...

Great job. It's beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...