Sunday, February 13, 2011

please allow me to gush

After stalking my driveway for the mailman, my quilt returned back to me on Wednesday.

I'm speechless about the quilting. It is stunning. I had thought I wanted simple quilting on this, but Margaret at Mainely Quilts of Love convinced me to go more fancy. I'm SO glad I listened to her. If you know the Parisville line (which is on the front of the quilt), her quilting mimics it perfectly! Here are some shots of the back of the quilt where you can see her work best.

That's the width of the quilt.

More detailed.  Look at those clamshells!! Remind you of this?

Here's a closer view of her scallops. Can you tell I love them!?


Then this is the detailing that goes on top of my piecing on the front.


I'm so thrilled with the work she did on this. Now to start putting together a mile of binding. Anyone want to bind this for me? ;)

3 comments:

Lee said...

Wow! Gorgeous!!! And so perfect for Parisville!!! When do we get to see the front?

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

Hi from a new follower! LOVE that quilting, its gorgeous. Can't wait to see the finished quilt :-)

Lane said...

Oh, that's lovely. I really admire that you took her suggestions. Everything I read says to do that. Other people look at our work outside of the mindset we pieced it in. Lane

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...