Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday {19}

I joined my first "real" flickr quilt bee. I am already a part of the 3x6 bee, but that's a smaller sampler bee. I wanted to do a more standard bee and found Sew Modern Quilt Bee starting up in May. I think they are still looking for a few people so if you are interested in joining a Modern style quilt bee, click that link to sign up, or post a comment and I'll send you info!


Also, you may remember a while back when I received this Colts fabric by mistake from fabric.com. They have fixed their mistake but don't want their fabric back. I can't think of any way to use this full yard. If anyone wants it, please post and I'll contact you and send it to you. I just want it to be used!

As for what I've been working on. Mostly the baby quilt for my sister. I decided to do custom quilting instead of an all over pattern. You can see how I did it here.
I'm currently at the binding stage. I put together some continuous bias binding with my favorite tutorial by Julie. This tutorial is a little bit of magic!  I'll be curious to see how this looks, it's the first time I've done a binding that is the same fabric as the border.

I had a few days where I was waiting to get the backing for that baby quilt and got some progress made on my daughter's quilt. Note the paper pinned to the bottom. I label my rows so I don't get lost.

I also pulled some fabrics for the Supernova Quiltalong. I've pulled more to go with this (especially in the reds and oranges) but I'm not sure yet how I'm going to use it. Since there are nine stars in the quilt, it doesn't work perfectly with ROYGBV. I have to decide what color will be used more than once.
And finally, PMQG is doing a pillow swap next month. I have a paper piecing block in mind and I started putting together the paper templates. This is one of four.

Waiting for attention:
The curtains that will never go away
MMM final project
baby onesies
Postage Stamp quilt
boy burp cloths
amy butler bag

Some of those projects feel like they've been on the list a long time! I need to revisit them. Go see what everyone else is up to at Freshly Pieced.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

9 comments:

Elizabeth Dackson said...

The curtains that will never go away :) They will go away, eventually, I promise!! I love how your daughter's quilt is turning out, it looks fantastic!

Bree said...

Love your fabric choices for the Supernova quiltalong! That one is on my maybe list, I probably need to make a decision pretty soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow your daughter's quilt looks so lovely! I'm excited to see your paper pieced pillow. Paper piecing always melts my brain : ) Happy WIP!

Marci Girl said...

Your daughters quilt is beautiful! I also love your fabric choices for the Supernova, so pretty!

Linz said...

I love your fabrics for Supernova! They look awesome! I can't wait to follow the progress!!

Diane said...

Love the stack for the Supernova! And your daughters quilt looks great.

Debbie said...

Love your Supernova fabrics!

Jacey said...

You've got lots going on this week! I'm glad you're almost finished with your sister's quilt. Your anchor quilting looks really nice! Ooh, and I love your stack for the Supernova QAL. That's going to look fantastic.

Sherri said...

Those Supernova fabrics are wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...