Wednesday, June 15, 2011

She finally wore the top

If you've been following my blog for a little while, you might remember that I participated in Kids Clothing Week Challenge in early May. I made this little top for my daughter and she wouldn't try it on for me. I think she just doesn't understand the idea of trying something on. I pulled it out to wear the other morning and she put it on without any question.

It fits perfectly! And what was really funny is those ties on her shoulders. She was pulling on them calling them her butterfly wings. She kept "flying" around the room with her wings!


And since we don't say "cheese" in our house we say "mickey", I just had to share the resulting photo. She had to go get her Mickey for the photoshoot.
I would definitely recommend this Sew Sensible pattern for anyone!


And on a similar note. We were shopping today and for the first time she picked out a pair of shorts. She never pays attention to the clothing stores. This time she pulled these out and told me they were 'so cute'. Cracked me up. (i know - not the greatest photo)
So I had to get her the shorts because she's never done that. And this...
The little top that goes with it totally reminds me of Robert Kaufman's Metro Living!  I think I'm creating a little fabric loving monster.

8 comments:

Denise in PA said...

The top is so cute on her! The fabric is just so sunny. Love the butterfly effect - LOL!

Lee said...

Awww, so cute. Great job, mama!

Something tells me this won't be the LAST time she pulls out an item of clothing and says, "So cute!" Try to remember this moment in 12 or 13 years when everything at Forever 21 is "so cute," right? : )

Desley said...

She is adorable. And she looks so cute in the little top that you made.

Jacey said...

I'm glad she came to her senses! I knew she would eventually. ;)

Cricket said...

Now where in the world were you shopping? I thought that was Children's place, but I don't see that SO CUTE outfit online

Ricki said...

That top is too cute and she is adorable!

Susanne said...

I love that shirt you made her. It DOES look like a GREAT pattern!!!

HAHAHA, Lee's RIGHT. Try to remember this moment in 10 years hee hee!!!

Unknown said...

That top is so super cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...