Monday, May 30, 2011

boppy covers completed

I mentioned in my WIP posting that I was making boppy covers for my sister. She inherited 2 boppy pillows but they have boy fabrics on them.  She didn't really give me any direction. Just said they shouldn't be too girlie.

There are tons of tutorials out there. I used this one because it included a zipper rather than velcro. It was a different method of putting a zipper in, I liked it and will probably use it for other pillows. I will say, if you use this tutorial, definitely click the link she has for her pillow tutorial, it explains what she is talking about in much better detail.

Here is my first pillow.
I love Winnie the Pooh! Look at them, so cute!

Since I had no direction on fabric I decided to use stash. The tutorial calls for 1/2 a yard if you are using different top and bottom fabric, but that's not quite right. You really need about 3/4 of a yard. So my stash selections were limited since I usually buy half yards. Here's the back of that pillow.

You may be noticing that my pillow covers are a bit loose. It's because I used our
Boppy for fitting and ours has been heavily used! Samantha thinks it's her couch.

My sister's pillows are barely used and aren't so flattened so I think these will work okay. Here's the second pillow.

They'll be shipped to her this week, hope she likes them!

I'm linking up to Sew Modern Monday. Go check it out if you want to see some other completed projects!
{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

1 comment:

Megan said...

So fun Becky! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...