I finished the pillowcases that I talked about in my last post. I decided to scrap the Nicey Jane with the hole and find another fabric.
My initial motivation was to make some pillow cases because I had a lot of fabric left over from my quilt and in reality my sheets don't match it. I've never made pillow cases before and didn't realize how much fabric they need. I'm not sure why this never occurred to me since it's pretty obvious looking at them! At any rate, my color options were limited. And by the time I got down to my 4th pillow case I needed to find a different pattern that used even smaller sections of fabric.
Weekend Sewing book. Very quick and easy. But that is all one large chunk of fabric with the decorative strip on it. So when it came to case #4 I didn't have any fabric large enough.
All People Quilt.com. That link has tons of free patterns for pillowcases. This was actually supposed to have a ruffled ribbon, but I wanted to keep it similar to the others so I skipped those steps. It was also pretty quick and easy, but the directions were not as well written as Heather Ross'. That's the difference between free and in a published book!
It was a fun little project, but I'm not sure I'll be making pillowcases from scraps anymore! I think they will be a little more thought out beforehand. Can't wait to get these washed and on my pillows.