Thursday, November 4, 2010

The hole problem

I'm in the middle of making pillowcases to go with my "Lovely Windows" quilt. I thought I would just use what I have left of my stash to make them. I've been okay until I got to the 4th pillow case. I've been having a hard time finding a large enough piece of fabric. My Nicey Jane floral was large enough so I cut it. 

Should have opened it to iron it first.  When I opened it, this is what I found.
What is that? A speck of dirt?  Here look a little closer.
GASP! It's a hole. And it's about 1/2 inch big in the center of my fabric. I can't believe I didn't notice this before.
Sigh.
There's no way to hide that on a pillow case right? Any creative ideas? I'm off to scour my fabric for more pillow case fabric.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you have contrasting fabric that would match well? Do an appliqued patch that looks intentional.

Angie said...

Add a label!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...