Monday, December 27, 2010

Sophisticated Baby

I finished off my Sophisticated Baby quilt. Okay, I seriously need to cut my threads better before I take photos. I ran out to photograph this as the snow was starting to fall. I wanted to get pictures before we get the foot of snow or so that they are calling for.
The main fabrics used were McKenzie by Dena Designs. Then I added some additional fabric lines to mix it up. I'm really happy with how elegant the quilt came out. I have a pregnant mamma in mind for this one. I just hope she's having a girl. She doesn't do the cutesy baby stuff and I think she would love this.
I tried my hand at some free-motion quilting within the squares and did little hearts. (ugh - again with the threads!!)
I backed it with some Innocent Crush to break up the girly pink.  You can really see the hearts on the back.
Some basic stats:

Quilt name: Sophisticated Baby
Pattern: Park Lane by Bunny Hill Designs
Some of the fabrics: McKenzie, Innocent Crush, Snow Crystal, Robert Kaufman Basics, Le Jardin de Papillion
Measurements: 52"x52"
Started: 12/13/10
Finished: 12/23/10

1 comment:

Lee said...

So pretty! I just love the Innocent Crush on the back.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...