Monday, October 31, 2016

Boomerang quilt



I have another boomerang quilt to share. This one's pattern is from Jaybird Quilts. I loved her take in only solids so I decided to do all solids as well. I used Moda Blueberry Thicket bunch for this and added navy for the outside.


Once the quilt top was put together un-quilted, I realized it need custom quilting or the pattern was going to disappear.


So I took my knowledge of ruler work on a domestic which I've learned from Amy Johnson and got to work!


Some of these boomerangs were done free motion and some were straight lined.


This was definitely an exercise in patience! It took me a few weeks on my little Bernina, but I had Orange is the New Black to keep me entertained. I think I'm one of the last people to have watched that show! Haha!


But I'm glad I did it, and am thrilled with the results. And - my quilting skills definitely improved throughout the top! The back is one big wideback. It needed to be simple after the detail on the front!


I took this to the park for a photoshoot and the kids ran around like crazy while I took photos...


This one is definitely staying with me for the time being. It's going to be a while before I'm ready to part with this I think!


Quilt stats:
Quilt name: Blueberry Boomerang
Fabrics: Blueberry Thicket Moda Bundle
Finished size: 56" by 72"
Finished: September 2016



4 comments:

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Great finish! Your quilting adds a lot to the quilt.

Sonja said...

Beautiful quilt(ing) and the colorcombo is also my favorite.

Greetings from Belgium,
Sonja (Scrapadoe)

Danice G said...

Very pretty quilting on a pretty quilt. I love those blues :)

Cheryl said...

Beautiful quilt! I love the colors and your quilting really made the pattern pop!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...