Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Pollyanna Swap with Philly MQG

At this month's meeting, we had our Pollyanna swap with the members. We use a site called Elfster to organize it and I highly recommend it if you'd like to set up something like this. The individuals sign up, create wish lists and the site matches up the partners. It allows you to ask anonymous questions of your parter too! 



Anyway, I got my good friend Cathy who asked for a table runner 32" in length. She requested neutrals with a pop of red. I've been in her house before so it helped me know what to make for her! I had a mini charm pack  of Circa 1934 which had the perfect colors.  The size of mini-charms are perfect for english paper piece hexagons and I have the plastic templates for them so they technically aren't paper pieced!   These hexies are all sewn together by hand and then machine appliqued down to the cream fabric.


I did all the free motion quilting on my domestic machine and am pretty happy with how it turned out.


The back is a solid piece of the typewriter print from this line.

It looked pretty good on my coffee table I must say. I almost kept it! I know Cathy loved it though and I'll be sure to visit it sometime!

Quilt stats:
Quilt name: Table Runner
Pattern: none, self designed
Fabrics: Circa 1934, Cosmo Cricket
Finished size: Approx 32" by 20"
Finished: December 2015
 
 



1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

I have this fabric - am totally copying. o:) o:) o:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...