Monday, January 25, 2016

Modern Dahlia

I don't think I ever blogged about this little quilt finish.


This was for a swap that the Philly Modern Quilt Guild did at the Fall Retreat.  The challenge was for everyone to take a traditional block and 'make it modern'.

The pattern is Dahlia by April Rosenthal. And I was be honest, it's not for beginners. It uses templates, or she sells acrylic templates. There is a lot of hand prep before piecing. I was already working on a number of these for myself so I had a bit of practice before doing this one!

The back shows the quilting which I am most proud of! I basically followed the curves of the front and extended them off the quilt and it made this awesome pattern.


We did our swap at the retreat by pulling numbers from a hat and Nicole got my quilt. I'll take some pictures and post the amazing mini that I relieved later!

Quilt stats:
Quilt name:Modern Dahlia
Pattern: Dahlia
Fabrics: scrappy mix
Finished size: 25" x25"
Finished: November 2015



2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Ooh! Pretty! Your quilting is awesome too! :)

Denise in PA said...

Yes, that quilting is awesome! And, it's a great photo, but it doesn't even do it justice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...