Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Weekend sewing

Yes, it's Wednesday and the weekend was a while ago! But I got a lot done and had some fun and wanted to show what I did. My lovely friend Denise let me come use her long arm again to get done a queen size quilt.


I used the same spiral square pantograph that I used on my first anchor quilt because I loved it so much. And Let me tell you, I've been spoiled by this longarm. I really hate quilting on my domestic machine now! It's just so easy on the longarm. And I get to avoid my least favorite part of quilting - the basting process.



I love how this pantograph kind of makes it look wavy and gives some motion to the quilt. I'll show the final quilt once I get it bound and photographed properly!

I also worked on my blocks for We Bee Modern. Liane let us play with Geese this month! She asked for 12.5" blocks with flying geese in them, a blue background and candy colored geese. These are the two blocks I created.





7 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Oooh, lucky you! I want a local friend with a long arm *sigh*

Liz said...

The longarm quilting looks great! Nice job! And I love those AMH flying geese blocks, so beautiful!

Tammy said...

Love the panto you used. That's the Anchor quilt by Tula isn't it? I just got done collecting all the fabric to make that quilt and will start on it soon.

Marci Girl said...

Oh yes, lucky you and the pattern you quilted is fabulous! Your bee blocks are really cute too!

Barbie Mills said...

I only own two pantos and that's one of them. It's such a good one! Nice work.

Two Little Aussie Birds said...

Love all those flying geese!

Two Little Aussie Birds said...

Love all those flying geese!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...