Monday, April 7, 2014

Quilters make the world a better place

I don't normally talk about personal business here on the blog. My thoughts on that are this... Just like IRL, you don't tell everyone when bad stuff is going on in your life. Some people don't understand, some don't want to hear it, some people might even use it against you. And often, someone can get hurt.

So for the same reasons that I'm cautious in real life, I don't drag my personal life onto the blog. But today, I just have to gush a bit about quilters. Because this weekend, this little mini charm pack showed up in my mailbox.


Not because of a giveaway, or a purchase, or even because the person who sent it knows me. Just because the person who sent it is a quilter and therefore a great person. Because let me tell you. When the other people in my life haven't been so great, the quilters I've met always have been. My experience is that they are supportive, always there with a kind word, a tool you need to borrow, and yes, even free fabric! Maybe it's because we speak the same language? It's easier to cheer someone up when you speak the same language. It's very lifting to know there are such wonderful women (and men) in the world.


All I know is that I was suffering with the flu last week (all better now!) and various other boring personal issues. And this little beauty brightened my day immeasurably!

(btw - itsn't this line fabulous!?)

I plan to take what I've learned from all you fabulous quilters and pay it forward. Just randomly, like this gift! Because you never know when someone needs a smile. :) 




6 comments:

*Cornelia* said...

I totally know what you mean, this happened to me a few month ago, and I had tears in my eyes when it arrived, have to say its impoosible to buy wonder clips here in europe, couldnt find them anywhere, and one wonderful quilter couldnt see it anymore that I do my binding with just pins and hurt my fingers so, she sent me a whole pack of wonder clips and 2 patterns - quilters are really so amazing, never thought this could happen

enjoy your mini charm pack

Katy Cameron said...

Yep, quilters are the bestest!

Pat said...

Quilting is one of the best things that ever came into my life. You are correct -- quilter peeps are the best!

Marci Girl said...

Awww...you are right, quilter's are the best! Glad you are over the flu and feeling a bit better!

Rina Mason said...

Isn't it amazing how an unexpected gesture can brighten your day or even week. Quilters are the best.

Susanne said...

I completly agreed. The quilters in my life are amazing!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...