I've gotten a couple quick finishes done the last week. Mostly because I'm avoiding quilting a top that I can't figure out what to quilt on it! So here is what I have done.
I made two of these bags.
These are the ever popular Jane Market Tote with one change. I sewed the handles inside rather than on top. I had this fabric and used it for powder room curtains (photos will follow once they are hung). I had way too much of it so I actually made two of the same bag. The only difference is I left my label off one.
What do you think of this fabric? I'm thinking of giving the extra bag to my daughters summer camp teacher as a thank you gift. But even the inside has the dogwood fabric on it.
The other small project was to recover my ironing board again. Here is it in the first fabric I used all browning and gross.
And underneath is the original board. My husband and I call it the first ironing board because it's so old.
It came from his family farmhouse and we have no idea how old it is. Case in point, when I first did this, I tried to re-pad it as well and found this underneath.
Yeah. That's bolted in! I wasn't and am still not messing with it.
So I got myself a fun decor weight fabric from Joann's and used this tutorial to re-cover it.
I have to say, the tutorial is great. Very straightforward and easy to follow. And I think it left a nice clean looking cover! I'm excited to iron again!