Sunday, January 8, 2012

Slow down? Not yet...

With the baby on the way, the plan was to clear my plate of my current WIP's and then slow down. But I'm finding it hard to do. Despite the fact that I have less time to sew already, I keep finding another project that I want to start!

I've joined in with Rachel at Stitched in Color for her Scrap Attack Quilt a long. I love this idea because you can make any design you want, just use up your scraps!


I have my string x quilt that I started last year with some controlled scrappiness.



And I started my scrappy hourglass quilt. When I laid these out for a photo I was surprised to see how many I already have!



Then through Denise's blog, I found Bunny Hill Designs Dresden Plate Quilt along. Also another scrap buster (though I haven't pulled my fabrics yet, I may not use scraps but instead just use stash). I've loved Dresden's and having someone hold my hand while I make one - fantastic!
I'm really trying not to join any other quilt alongs. I have my eye on a few swaps so I need to keep some free time right!? What have you joined this year?



6 comments:

Katie B said...

Love those string blocks! Pretty, pretty.

Marci Girl said...

I'm the exact same way Becky, I think I'll be adding projects until the day I go into labor! LOL May you have plenty of time to get it all done!

felicity said...

You're ambitious! Is this nesting??? I'm in one bee and that's IT! :)

**nicke... said...

oh such fun stuff! don't slow down now. keep going for as long as you can, once that baby comes out it will be the couch for you! ;)

Mermaid Sews said...

Love your blog! You are so talented!

Claire Jain said...

Thanks for pointing out the Dresden Plate quilt along. I might have to give that a go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...