Saturday, January 28, 2012

do.Good Boats

I went to the doctor on Friday for a routine baby check up and things are under way. Even though I'm not due until February 18th, I could go at any time! So I wanted to get my 'commitment' sewing out of the way this weekend so I don't have to worry about it.

We had a couple people leave our Bliss group at do.Good Stitches and some new join in. One of which i our Bee Mama Chris who assigned our February blocks. We are doing boat blocks of our choosing. The only requirements are the unfinished size at 10.5 inches and the background fabric of white. She requested a patchwork sail if possible. Our inspirations were this and this.

This was totally out of my comfort zone to just make up something. So for my first block I found a paper piecing pattern for a boat here. And then used a blanket stitch in aqua on my machine to attach it to the 10.5 inch block.


I decided the second one should be totally different since I guess all the blocks will be different! So I totally made the second one up as I went along. 


I'm pretty happy with how it turned out (despite the blurry photo!). I hope you like them Chris!! I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.





11 comments:

Linz said...

Those are darling!!! Way to go!! Good luck with the baby!!! :)

Anonymous said...

These are great! Good luck with the babe, my sister is due on Valentine's Day so hopefully you'll both have healthy babies and easy deliveries! :)

**nicke... said...

cute boats! i hope the baby comes soon! i want to see pictures! ;)

Katy Cameron said...

Well done for embracing the new, and love the neptune sea, so appropriate!

Jan said...

I think these are fantastic. Good luck with the baby, too.

Katie B said...

I love your boats! The patchwork sails are perfect.

Jessica Kelly said...

The boat blocks are adorable!! Glad to hear everything is going well with the baby, not long now!!

Denise in PA said...

The boats are so sweet! Good job!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Very cute blocks. I'll be thinking of you and the baby for sure.

Jacey said...

Cute! I bet the quilt will be very colorful, with a pretty open palette!

I've got my fingers crossed for a baby to show up soon!

Unknown said...

Yea! You're in the home stretch! And those boats turned out so incredibly well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...