Monday, April 18, 2011

Saturday Sewing Day

On Saturday I went to my first Philly MQG Sewing day. It was a dreary rainy day so it was perfect for staying inside and sewing. And so much fun to hang out with the fun PMQG members. If you've been thinking of joining, you absolutely should, everyone is very friendly and fun.
Here's part of the group going about their business. Yes, we have a foozball table and a pool table at our location. And amazingly, no one played! Everyone was way too busy sewing, chatting and getting a sugar buzz.
I was working on my Postage Stamp quilt. This was the perfect place for me to do the quilting. Quilting is my least favorite part of the whole process. It just gets so monotonous and I hate fighting the weight and bulk of a quilt. So I loved being able to stop and walk around and chat when I needed a break from it. And I got input on what I was doing too.
I'm happy to say I got the quilting finished during sewing day and I'm now binding it. Hope to have finished photos soon.
Here's my table. Both Anna and I were working on Central Park projects. Actually, I believe there were 4 of us there working on Central Park - it's what all the cool kids are doing.
Speaking of cool kids, the most exciting part of the day for me was finding out that the coolest kid of all, Miss Tula Pink herself, had posted about me on Facebook. My inner sewing nerd went berserk! She posted about my Cameo Hoop. I am so excited that she saw it. And even more excited that she thought it was worthy of posting!
And the mystery of the day....
Candi was sewing and her thread popped out of the needle without breaking!! Crazy. Anyone ever see that before?
So everyone keep your fingers crossed for me. I'm taking my sewing machine to the local dealer/service store today to have them take a look at it. I'm sure they are going to tell me nothing is wrong with it. But it is seriously frustrating me. My thread breaks on the top and I'm constantly cleaning it and changing the needles. After discussions with everyone over the weekend. I KNOW this isn't normal so hopefully I know enough to convince the service shop. But at the same time - I hope they don't have to keep it!

6 comments:

Anna said...

I had a great time, too! I felt so productive...although I am now with another UFO...

Megan said...

Your postage stamp quilt looks great! Good luck with the machine! :)

Jacey said...

I'm glad you had such a productive day! It looks like a fun gathering place. I've been trying to find information on my local quilt guild.

Also, your swap package received looks amazing!

Susanne said...

Looks like fun!!! Can't wait to see your finished postage stamp quilt!!!

I've had my thread come out of the needle unbroken before. I can't explain it, but I've totally seen it!!! WEIRD, HUH????

Shelley said...

I love that postage stamp quilt in Central Park! I'm also a bit addicted to that line. Looks like a fun sewing day!

Monica_C said...

it was crazy we all had our Central Park out on the same day! I can't wait to see your finished quilt. :-D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...