Monday, April 25, 2011

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...

I got to pick up my Bernina over the weekend. And I'm happy to say it's running well! And for those of you who know the place I used for service, they stood behind the machine and did the repairs at no charge! Yay! I'm so happy to have it back.

That's my Supernova getting quilted. I don't have much else to show since I've been helping a friend out with a project that can't be shown. But I do have a little PSA. Don't cut binding when you are tired! We were having some seriously early mornings last week due to a child who can't tell time. I decided to do continuously cut bias binding while I was a little sleepy and made a mistake when lining up my drawn lines. Instead of one strip or a bunch of loops, I wound up with double wide binding!
It was easy enough to fix. I just had to cut it in half and sewed the two strips together, but it was funny all the same.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Oh, too funny!! Glad to hear there was an easy fix for the binding :) And I'm super glad to hear that your machine is back! That's great that the repair shop fixed it the right way for free. I can't wait to see how that Supernova turns out!

Linz said...

I've done that very thing with binding! So funny!!

I am so glad you got your machine back and that they repaired it for free!! That's great!!

Can't wait to see Supernova all done!!! And the secret project!

Leanne said...

I am hoping to get to the quilting of my Supernova later this week, I am curious about how you are quilting yours.

Anna said...

I'm so glad that you have your machine back AND that they stood behind the machine. Good luck on your super secret project! :)

Unknown said...

Too funny! I'm glad it was an easy fix!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...