Friday, January 14, 2011

A neat little find

I did a quick online search of my area to see if I could find any good 2nd hand furniture stores around. I'm looking to find some unique pieces and maybe even save a few bucks right?  I found the cutest little store. Actually, I can't say I found it today because I used to live near this store, but never went in because I was in an apartment!  It's call the Shabby Attic and if you are nearby it's totally worth a look.


I went in there with the hopes of getting this beautiful swirly hearts headboard for my daughters room. But I was too late! It already had a sold tag on it!  I was so bummed. But the store was so great I wasn't totally sad.  There were lots of great finds. I need to do some measurements of my rooms and come back with a measuring tape. But I didn't leave empty handed!



 
I walked out with this mirror (which is only dirty with my grubby excited fingerprints!).  I don't know where it's going yet, but I loved it so much I couldn't leave it. I'm thinking the powder room and maybe a pattern on the walls or fabric to match.

The only problem with the store is that they've done all the restoring already. So if you are looking for your own project this isn't the place for you. But, if you want something unique, check it out. And if anyone local is reading and knows a good 2nd hand store to check out, let me know!

3 comments:

Kati said...

I love that window. It will be fun to find a spot for that.

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Oh my goodness - that's GORGEOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty find!

I stopped in a thrift store today...came out with a Pier One throw, two round wilton cake pans and one of the pans you use to make applesauce...not sure if it has a special name. =) It was a good day. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...