Monday, August 24, 2015

Another Charity Quilt finish



This quilt has actually been finished for a few months. It's been sitting waiting for me to put the binding on it!! So I decided that it's going to go to charity just like my last quilt.

If you haven't joined and donated somethin for the Quilts for Kids 2015 effort you should consider it. You have till the end of the month and she's doing a bunch of great giveaways as well. Not to mention, it's all for a good cause.

This quilt was packed with the last one and sent to Quilts for Kids. I'm hoping it will appeal to an older child who may not like all the novelty fabrics typically found in kids quilts. 

The "solid" fabrics in this one are actually shot cottons which are notoriously hard to photograph. Let me just say, they are fabulous in person. And the "background" is a chambray.


This quilt was made during the Mod Olives quilt along at Sew Kind of Wonderful. If you haven't seen her Quick Curve Ruler, I definitely recommend it. I've made several of her quilts and they are always stunning and easy to do! She's got lots of great you tube videos if you are a visual learner like me.


I long-armed this quilt at my friend's house the same time I did this quilt back in July.  I will say, it had a couple of bulky seams that needed me to be careful. But going slow takes care of that.


Here's a close up of my machine binding. I used the edge stitch foot and it helped me keep the line steady and perfect!


The back is a piecing of stash fabrics and my label as usual!


Quilt stats:
Quilt name: Mod Olives
Pattern: Mod Olives
Fabrics: Various
Finished size: 38"x48"
Finished: August 2015



2 comments:

Denise in PA said...

Another gorgeous quilt - and I know exactly what you mean about those shot cottons!! Quilts for Kids will be so pleased to get this more "sophisticated" donation!

Heather said...

Another gorgeous finish! Thanks Becky!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...