Thursday, February 5, 2015

Nautical Economy Blocks


If you spend any time on instagram you know that, a while back Red Pepper Quilts posted a tutorial for the Economy Block. Initially I wasn't sold on the block. It's great for fussy cutting and "I don't really have a lot of novelty fabrics" is what I thought.


Then I was organizing my fabrics I realized that I have a ton of novelty fabrics and they are all one theme. Surprise surprise. Nautical!


So this project became a leader/ender project that I've been working on for many months.


These are fun little blocks, but you do need a LOT of them to wind up with a quilt of any size. I kept thinking I had plenty only to find my quilt was more the size of a doormat.


Ultimately, I think this will make a great I-Spy quilt for a kid. It would also be great for baby tummy time! 


I also backed this one in flannel for a little extra warmth and snuggle factor.

Quilt stats:
Size: 40"x50"
Pattern: Economy Block
Fabrics: Mix of scraps and stash
Quilted by: Myself
Finished: 1/20/15




4 comments:

Linda said...

This turned out just wonderful! I love it.

Lisa said...

Some how I missed this tutorial from Rita but I have it know! I love your version and will dig around and make some. Thank you for helping me see it it in your light!

Sarah said...

Great colours. I love nautical colours and themes. Lucky for me they were this summers colours and fashions in Australia! I love economy blocks too. I made a quilt using them toe years ago. Always ahead of the trend!

Quayquilter said...

think this quilt is just Wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...