Monday, February 2, 2015

Chopsticks Finished



This pattern is one of the greats. It's called Chopsticks and is by Jaybird Quilts. Why do I say it's a great pattern? For one thing, Julie always makes her patterns so easy to follow with great diagrams. There is no 'trying to figure it out'. It's so easy! The other reason is that if you do a google search for this pattern you will see it in so many colors. You can't go wrong, all fabrics look great with this pattern!!


Mine was made with Joel Dewberry's Bungalow. I fell in love with this line immediately and knew I needed to make something just for me!


Of course when I was laying it out to baste it, both my kids wanted to lay claim to it!  I think my daughter may have wanted it for the backing. I used flannel on this one and the color screams Anna from Frozen (at least to me!).


You can really see my straight line quilting on the back with that flannel. What I wound up doing was dividing the triangle into equal parts and then stitching a quarter inch from the edges. I think it gave it a nice texture.


I used up my scraps for a scrappy binding.


I will definitely be making another Chopsticks!


Quilt stats:
Size: 49" x60"
Fabrics: Bungalow
Quilted by: Myself
Finished: 1/25/15






7 comments:

Denise in PA said...

I've never met a Chopsticks I didn't like. This one is particularly gorgeous! And, it's purple! How different for you - LOLOLOL!

Anonymous said...

This really turned out great! I love the colours and that line of fabric is just gorgeous, isn't it? The colours are so rich.

I've had this pattern on my To Do list for AGES, but haven't ever got around to it. One day.,,

Katy Cameron said...

It came out beautifully :o)

Marci Girl said...

It is beautiful Becky! Purple is my favorite color, so I guess I'm biased.

Cynthia said...

Becky this is darling!! I love the colors and fabrics you chose and such a fun pattern! Your quilting is very cool too! Great job!

Eva Leisure said...

This looks great - think the quilting fits just perfect :-)

Danette said...

Again I'll say "Awesome"!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...