I got done my bathroom sign for the downstairs powder room (which is still in a state of mid-paint) and it turned out pretty well.
I used this tutorial by Crafts By Amanda except instead of using paper letters I used my Silhouette and vinyl. The vinyl made it even easier because the transfer paper keeps all the letters in place for you. And there is no Mod Podgeing over the letters.
It's a great tutorial. I've been scared to use crackle paint, but it was super easy and I definitely will be doing it again in the future. But, if I were to do this one again, I would chose a lighter white paint. I picked Antique White and it is too tan/brown for me. Hopefully soon I'll have pics of the whole finished bathroom!
I also tackled some of my bee/charity blocks. For do.Good Stitches November Linda asked us for orange, blue and black blocks from this tutorial. Here are the two I came up with.
In addition, Val over at Pink Please! put out a call for charity blocks for the Heroes Foundation. She was asking for one 10" string block using this tutorial from Film in the Fridge. By the time I pulled out all my scraps large enough for strings I figured I might as well make two. And from now on, scraps large enough for strings will be stored separately! Also, I've only done string blocks without paper. I had some puckering in the center of my first block so I definitely wanted to make a second in case that was a problem.