Thursday, January 9, 2014

2014 - getting back in gear!

2013 was a year of big transitions for me personally. It took a lot of my focus away from the quilting in my life. Thankfully I seem to be settling in to my new roles and schedule and getting back to quilting like I used to.

As part of that, I am going to join the Lovely Year of Finishes for 2014 to keep me going and focused! Want to join me? Here's the link with information.


I also couldn't resist starting another bee. I love getting and sending quilty packages. And Bee quilts have so much possibility. So I'm joining in with We Bee With It on Flickr. My first goal for the year of finishes is to get my two blocks done for this month!

Carol has asked for 2 improv blocks. Improv has always been a challenge for me so this will be a good start for me. But she's also letting us basically use the colors we want. So for this I'm pulling out my scrap bin and going from there!


Here's to a more quilty 2014!!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yay! Glad to see you're back in action!

Marci Girl said...

I agree,quilt bees are so much fun, I hope you enjoy your new one!

Katy Cameron said...

Good luck, hope you have a fabulously quilty new year!

Denise in PA said...

Here's to a much more quilt-productive year in 2014!! o:)

Pickletoes Quilts said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with! Those fabrics look great! I had trouble with the idea of improv, too. It can be actually kind of fun once you get into it!

Newbie Jen said...

Oh goody! I can't wait to see what you create.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...