Monday, November 9, 2015

Charity Quilt Auction


This quilt will be going up for silent auction to support Doylestown Hospital Hospice and Cancer Institute. Every year the employees donate baskets of items for the Circle of Life Auction. Our department pulled together a "Warm and Cozy" basket featuring my quilt. It also includes a bottle of wine, chocolates and fuzzy slippers. This year, they've added electronic bidding so you don't even need to attend the auction to bid!  This means, if you are interested in bidding on my quilt, you can do so right here!! It's item #1004 from Doylestown Hospital Administration. (please ignore the terrible photo, they posted a picture of the back of the quilt! It will be displayed in person). The bidding site gives you the capability to put in a minimum and maximum bid and it will increase your bids for you.


The fabrics are all high quality quilt shop cottons. Mainly Joel Dewberry's Birch Farm line. I mixed in some Art Gallery and the background is Kona Raffia. 


Quilted by me on my friend Denise's long arm. I love the added softness the swirls give!


The backing is all the hydrangea print because it was my favorite in the line.


And a close up of my label...


Scrappy binding of the same prints.


I made this quilt in queen size before in different fabrics and loved how it turned out. That version lives on my guest bed and is still one of my favorites. I was excited to try it again in different colors and I'm really happy with how it turned out. If you like it too, please consider placing a bid! What i understand is that the bidding will work like other online bid sites where you can place a starting and maximum bid and it will increase your bid as others bid so you have nothing to lose!




Quilt stats:
Quilt name: Charity Windows
Pattern: Summer Porch - Eleanor Burns
Fabrics: Joel Dewberry -Birch Farm, Kona Raffia, Art Gallery Oval Elements
Finished size:
Finished: October 2015




1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

I love this quilt! The panto is a perfect complement I think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...