Monday, November 24, 2014

Must love purple again....

I have another quilt to share, but it looks very much like something I've made before!



 Yup, my Must Love Purple quilt that I showed at Bloggers Quilt Fest 2012. I was contacted by someone who wanted me to recreate this for her and I was happy to do it. After all, I love purple!


Most of the fabrics came from my stash, but she did provide several and I tried to tailor the color palate to what she sent me. I had taken this to a retreat to quilt it and was asked where I got all the purple. I realized that I have just been collecting it! When I find it, I buy a little bit here and there!


The tutorial for this block can be found here at Nittany Block Party.


I kept the quilting deliberately loose (as in, not densely quilted) so the quilt will be nice and snuggly. I only quilted along the scrappy stripes and then around the borders. I used a variegated thread (didn't get a great shot of that).


This is ONE BIG QUILT! Because I stink at quilt math, she asked for 80" x90" and I wound up at 90" x 100"! LOL  To give you a sense of the size, one of the 4 parts that makes up the square is 6.75".


You can see the quilting a little better on the back of the quilt. All of the greens and the blue back here are extras of what the client sent me.


I made the binding scrappy too. I always love a scrappy binding. Now to send this off to it's new home!

Quilt stats:
Size: 90" x 100"
Pattern: X String Block
Fabrics: Mix of scraps and stash
Quilted by: Myself
Finished: 11/14/2014





5 comments:

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

Well I am with you in Lovin this purple quilt. Beautiful!

VickiT said...

Awesome quilt, says another one who LOVES purple. I'm sure the person you made this for will love it.

Unknown said...

It's beautiful, Becky, and I'm so excited! Thank you!!!

Shelly said...

I loved your first "Must Love Purple" quilt. It's stunning. It inspired me to make a duvet cover for my sister for Christmas....she also LOVES purple. This new one is so gorgeous!!

Katy Cameron said...

My granny would have adored this, purple was her favourite colour

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...