Friday, October 24, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Mini Flower


I am also entering this quilt in the Bloggers Quilt Festival - the Mini Quilt Category. I made this quilt over the summer for the Schnitzel and Boo mini quilt swap on IG. This was a design I had seen on an accuquilt block contest that I used and interpreted for the swap. Final size on this was 20" wide and tall.

First thing I did was a test version in my own colors.

I decided it needed an added border and that I loved the spiral quilting. I gave her pockets in the corner for hanging and a little note on my label.


The recipients colors were fushia and orange. Not a color combo that I typically work in, but I LOVE! It was so fun to step out of my box and make this. And I think the colors are perfect for a flower.


If you like it, please go and vote for me at the Bloggers Quilt Fest!
AmysCreativeSide.com



11 comments:

Canadian Abroad said...

Beautiful colours and nice use of drunkard's path blocks.

Cindy said...

My colors are your colors! Love both versions of the mini. I'm gonna have to remember this one. I think it'd make a great pillow for my guest room.

Cynthia said...

Pretty, pretty! I love this one!

Anonymous said...

Love the colours and how they seem to blend into each other.

ipatchandquilt said...

So so pretty! The feeling of the garden / flower is really conveyed! Fab fabric choices too!
Good luck in the Blogger Quilt festival!
Esther

PersimonDreams said...

this is wonderful! what fun!

machen und tun said...

It is beautiful! Love the quilting and the piecing both very much :-)

Yvonne Campbell said...

I love the color play in this and the quilting too.

Allie said...

I love both versions!

Angie in SoCal said...

I really like these - both would make great pillows. I can even see doing them as raw edge applique to get a frilly edge flower after washing. Congrats on a great entry.

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Voting for you! Good luck in the Festival!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...