Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A special wedding gift!


I just finished and photographed my Metro Lattice quilt from Sew Kind of Wonderful. This quilt is going to be a wedding quilt for my nephew who is getting married next weekend.


They are in their early 20's and so I wanted to find something with a cooler vibe for them. I thought this was appropriate since it is a new twist on the Double Wedding Ring.


I found out that the bride's favorite color is purple so I went with my favorite Joel Dewberry line so far, Bungalow. Mixed it with a kona purple (I don't remember which one!) and a kona snow and voila!!

My feet as I try to get high enough to take the photo!!
My lovely friend Denise had me over to her place to long arm this quilt. I'm so addicted to long arming, I love how fast it is and the great results. Here are some shots of the quilting I chose. I love the secondary pattern that looks like a heart.


I have to say, I love how this pattern came together. This is my second quilt with the Quick Curve Ruler and I love the detail they put into their pattern writing. Everything is clear and easy to follow and leads to such impressive results (in my option).


I went with the blue color on the front for the backing. I found this print from ModKid at Joann's and I loved it so much I did the entire back in it with my label pieced within.



And the binding is one of my favorite prints from Bungalow. Cut on the bias it makes a really fun binding.


I hope the newlyweds love it as much as I do! I'm having a hard time parting with it!

 
Quilt stats:
Quilt name: Wedding Metro Lattice
Pattern: Metro Lattice
Fabrics: Joel Dewberry Bungalow, Kona purple and snow
Finished size: 57" x 69"
Finished: 9/22/14




11 comments:

Denise in PA said...

The quilting looks great! And I love that binding fabric - perfect choice! I know your nephew and his bride will be awestruck! o:)

Cynthia said...

Wow! This is a great quilt! You did a fantastic job piecing and quilting it and I love the back too! The newlyweds will love it!

Afton Warrick said...

Yep, I'd want to keep it too. That is a great binding choice, and I love the modern style you selected for a wedding quilt.

Eva Leisure said...

The quilt is fantastic - your quilting wonderful! What a great gift!

Katie said...

stunning -- a wonderful gift for sure.

~Kelie~ said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Jenny said...

It turned out beautiful! Love the colors and I'm sure they will too!! Good job on the quilting!

Comlete Exclusive said...

This place is mind blowing. Even the tea they served was really fancy. It was the pyramid shaped tea bags. I heard this was one of Oprah's favorite items.
Phoenix Venues

Cheryl said...

Just beautiful! I like your take on the classic having the white rings on the patterned background.

Katy Cameron said...

It's gorgeous, congrats to the newly weds

Sarah said...

This quilt is lovely! I hope your nephew and wife loved it. I like the quilting you did on it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...