Friday, December 17, 2010

PMQG Solids Challenge

Our last PMQG meeting was Tuesday night and everyone brought their solids challenge project. We were originally given these four solids to work with.
The challenge was to use 1 additional yard of fabric to create something. You could break that 1 yard up as much as you wanted. I chose to add small amounts of 6 additional fabrics and make a small casual table runner for our kitchen table. The final dimensions came out approx 28x17.
This was an idea I saw in a magazine for a large lap quilt, but couldn't find the original so I kind of recreated it smaller. These are 4 patches cut at a tilted angle. I also have to say, I've been using this and my husband spilled coffee on some of the white and it came out!  These Kona solids are awesome.
Close up of the quilting. I wasn't sure how to quilt this one because the angles don't all meet. So I wound up outlining the boxes.
The back I did a diagonal stripe which I could probably also use as the "right" side too.

Head over to the Philly Modern Quilt Guild to see what everyone else did!

1 comment:

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Oh my goodness! I love that! I wish it were on MY table right now. The tilted squares are awesome and the fabrics are so fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...