Sunday, February 2, 2014

A goal for February


This is a very special quilt top. The goal is to give it to my grandmother who turns 93 this month. I wanted to have it quilted last month and it didn't happen. I'm setting it for my goal for a Lovely Year Of Finishes in February.

I may regret setting this as my goal since it hinges on other things. I'm signed up for the long arm certification class at my LQS and I want to do this on the longarm once I'm certified. I was signed up last month and the class was canceled. My grandmother's birthday is the 19th. I'm hoping I can get it done before then, but I have no idea what the rental schedule even looks like! So the goal is by the end of the month. It will probably be late for her b-day anyway since I'll have to bind it too. wish me luck!!

My Button


12 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Good luck! The good news is that longarming is quicker to cover that kind of area than a domestic machine, I'll just hope everyone else has other quilting plans for Feb so you can get to the machine ;o)

Pink Petal Quilts said...

Oh my, this is a beautiful quilt! I love it! Did you follow a pattern? I hope you get to finish in time for you Grandma's birthday. She is gonna love it!

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Your quilt looks stunning, good luck getting on to that long arm.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Don't put too much pressure on yourself for the finish. She will love it whenever she gets it.

Newbie Jen said...

That is one gorgeous quilt top! good luck with the quilting!

Kris said...

Good luck. That is a gorgeous quilt top.

Lisa said...

What a beautiful top and I am sure once you quilted even more special to her even if it is late! My hopes are with you it all gets achieved this month

Marci Girl said...

Oh I hope you actually get to take the class! Then once you do, I'm sure you can get it done!

Anonymous said...

OH my God! it's astonishing! I hope you can quilting on time! What a wonderful present

Staci said...

I love this quilt! It's beautiful. I hope the stars align and everything works out for getting it quilted.

Anonymous said...

Stunning! Good luck on reaching your goal!

Sarah said...

Good luck! I like the idea of shops having a long arm you can get certified for then hire to use. We don't really have that in Australia.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...