Thursday, May 3, 2012

Another family commission

This time from my sister and not for a quilt. A while back I made my nephew this quilt.


My sister requested some valances to go with it. Here's what I came up with.



The front is flat with pleats going where the curtain rod curves. I'm just hoping my sisters measurements were good! It's hard to make curtains when you don't have the window/rod in front of you!


And I have to brag a little. Here's where I matched up my fabrics. I'm actually getting better at it!!


The other thing she requested was burp cloths for a friend who is having a baby girl. I worked up a bunch in a lot of different fabrics.



I think these two are my favorites.


And they all have my label on them yay!


So this fun little package will be off to my sister tomorrow. I hope she likes everything.



4 comments:

Jessica Kelly said...

Great projects Becky! Do you use cloth diapers for your burp clothes? and secondly, where did you get your labels from? They are too cute!

Denise in PA said...

I love the fabric for the valances - great for a boy!! The burp cloths are adorable - such a great assortment of fabrics you used. I hope the mommy who's getting them appreciates great fabric - LOL!

Katy Cameron said...

Way to match those fabrics! Whenever I manage it I think I'm a genius, and then I realise it was a complete fluke lol

Tamie said...

I think you did a great job on all the gifts. You are a good aunt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...