Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Finished the baby quilt!




I managed to finish the quilt for my coming baby boy with a little help from my quilter Margaret.  When I finished this top I knew I wasn't going to be able to do something special enough with the quilting myself. So I decided to send it away to her and I love what she did with it. Here's are some closeups.



As I've mentioned before, the pattern for this is Fast Forward by Jay Bird Quilts.  And the fabrics are Tula Pink Neptune and Prince Charming.


I used the raindrop print as the binding.



And my favorite is the frog print on the back. I had some extra pieces from the front so I pieced those in with my label. Once he's born I'll write all his stats on the label.




This is a great pattern and I'm so happy with how the quilt turned out. Excited to get to use it in about 8 weeks or so.

Quilt Stats:
Size: 48"x 54" (youth size)
Pattern: Fast Forward
Fabrics: Neptune, Prince Charming, Kona Coal
Finished: 12/20/11



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous quilt! I love the colours in those fabrics, great for a boy, but a sort of sophisticated palette compared to the average line of boy print fabrics, if that makes sense :D

twelfthzodiac said...

This quilt is gorgeous! I have never actually been fond of that pattern, but it looks amazing here! Great fabrics & awesome quilting....wow.

Marci Girl said...

So beautiful, and your quilter did a FABULOUS job! I know your little boy will love it for years to come!

Linz said...

Oh my goodness!! That is beautiful!! I love the piecing and the quilting is fantastic!! Awesome!!

Megan said...

Margaret always does such a great job. I remember admiring your quilt on her blog when she posted about it a few weeks back and never made the connection. What a lucky little guy you have on the way! Hope you're finding some time to rest this season!!

felicity said...

Oh wow that is fabulous!! Hooray for a wonderful finish!

**nicke... said...

only 8 weeks left! that went by soo fast. fast for me, not for you i am sure! ;) love the quilt becky. he will be so snug in it!

Jessica Kelly said...

This is beautiful!! An amazing quilt for a soon to be amazing little boy :-)

Jacey said...

Man, I adore this quilt. Seriously, the light thread on the gray is stunning. I can't believe you're so close to your due date, Becky!! Yay!

Katy Cameron said...

Oh I LOVE those frogs, the whole line in fact! The quilt came out beautifully, both your piecing and the gorgeous quilting

Stephanie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Lee said...

Gorgeous, Becky! I'm in love with the back.

Sarah said...

Beautiful quilt and quilting honey!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

What a beautiful finish!

Unknown said...

Oooh Becky, it's stunning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...